This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I'm My Boss This Week

My boss is on a (well deserved and too long in coming!) vacation this week. So I'm the boss for 5 harrowing days. One down, 3.9 to go. Yesterday it was a 14.5 hour day. Hee hee hee. That sound is the sound of nervous anxiety laced with coffee (coffee!).

I actually tossed and turned all night last night. And when I dreamed? I dreamed of THIS JOB. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! And I only had one cup of coffee all day yesterday, so it wasn't the caffine. It's like I just couldn't come down from the day.

Come home soon, Y!

The good news - I finished a script last week, and this week I will be too exhausted and busy and anxious to think about the people who are reading it to offer feedback. Except now I'm thinking about that.

Also - Prilosec is a great ally.

8 Comments:

Blogger Moose Tucker said...

How cool, though!! That is a huge, and I am certain well deserved, responsobility. Aren't you the supervisor of swing shift alread? How is this different? Hmmm. Are you going to use this new power for good, or for AWESOME?!?!?

10:26 AM

 
Blogger JQ said...

Well, as I mentioned (with the 14.5 hour a day thing) I'm now in charge of the whole department, 8AM to 10PM. Ish.

And I haven't decided yet. I was thinking good, but maybe it does rate an awesome. Will ponder.

:)

1:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you find your week exciting, a learning experience, and then realize you definitely COULD do this if you chose! I have a feeling you will also be grateful when your boss returns so you can get back to doing your own thing. It might be okay to lay off one or two people, but you probably don't want to try to actually fire anyone...yet.

8:29 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

I JUST SAW THE BABY COMMENT!!!!! Wow.

8:36 AM

 
Blogger JQ said...

SHHHHHHH!!! That's my covert attempt to get used to the idea. I make no promises, woman!

9:54 AM

 
Blogger Moose Tucker said...

HOLY MACKEREL!!! Thank you Tamara, I would not have seen it otherwise!! Hmmmmmm.

10:48 AM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

Getting used to the idea? hmmmm....

3:22 PM

 
Blogger JQ said...

What part of "I said maybe!" do you not understand?!

8:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home