This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Pressure

Do you ever have those moments where you think, "this (object, experience, etc...) will make my life so much (easier, more fulfilling, ect...) I must get it."

I'm having that feeling about a Pressure Cooker. I'm not sure why. What would I cook with a pressure cooker that I can't cook now? Wild rice - but really fast? James' Puerco Pibil? I don't know, can you cook up oatmeal (not the instant stuff, but the stuff that's supposed to be really good for you) in a pressure cooker? And what happens if your pressure cooker malfunctions? Can you die if it explodes in your face? Do I want to risk that?

Hm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Considering your level of concern regarding the propane tank, I'm not sure a pressure cooker is for you. Besides I don't know how much you can really cook in a pressure cooker. How often do you use your food processor? As far as I am concerned, that is a much better tool for the kitchen, and if you don't use it very often, you might be wasting (time, money, aspirations) on the pressure cooker.

4:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might try a slow cooker instead. Pressure cookers are not that great, and you have to be present while they are doing whatever it is they do. They both require upfront preparation, but the slow cooker gently cooks and is ready several hours later, while the pc tries to force your food to cook in a hurry. Since oatmeal cooks in about 5-10 minutes anyway, I am not sure a pressure cooker would help there. Have you tried your microwave for oatmeal? We do and it works.
During the summer, lots of salads with fruit or veggies and cheese and nuts are yummy and easy to prepare.
Just remember there was a time when a woman's entire day was made up of cooking, cleaning up, and cooking again! We've come a long way baby!

6:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home