This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Thursday?

Is it just me, or did this week go by super-fast? I have so many things to do in the next 24 hours. I went to sleep at 1:00 AM last night and the cat still tried to get me up this morning at 6:00 AM. At one point she just stood on my head. That was a new one for me. I was so tired I didn't care. James finally booted her out of the room and closed the door so she couldn't return. Then we got up with all of 5 glorious minutes to dress and brush our teeth and stuff like that before we had to rush off to work. Not my favorite way to spend the morning, but what can you do? And is every one in the world in a bad mood today? Maybe I'm just projecting.

7 Comments:

Blogger Moose Tucker said...

WEIRD!!! My boss and I were JUST TAKLING about how we are both in bad moods today!! She thinks it has something to do with the moon. If it is affecting LA as well, maybe she's right!!

1:21 PM

 
Blogger JQ said...

Oooooo, I bet that's it! Also, I'm a Cancer, which means my "planet" is the moon (hence the changeable moods problem - according to astrology if you put any stock in that which I'm not saying I do it's just kind of true in my case so take from that what you will) so I must be even more affected. Or maybe I'm able to resist it's pull more than others, because even though I'm REALLY TIRED, I'm not really grumpy myself, I'm just noticing it from other quarters.

2:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blame the Nicoll deadline.

3:25 PM

 
Blogger JQ said...

You too? :)

3:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. I'm pulling my hair out. I got some very good notes just this last weekend, pointing out some major flaws that I want to address, but it's hard, hard, hard. Some of it, too, is coming from my writing partner (on other projects) -- and when the person you're most creatively compatible with has harsh words for parts of your script, it's really hard to ignore and can be a bit of a confidence killer.

I do think I'm making the script better, but in some parts I'm worried that I'm just throwing changes at the problem, without the perspective to know if they're really making it better or just different.

3:52 PM

 
Blogger Omni said...

You're right, this week DID go by super-fast!!

4:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the moon effect did not seem to travel this far east.
I hpoe you managed to complete all of your tasks. I just think life in general is getting faster and faster.
I had a 7:20 AM meeting, an 8:00 meeting, work all day, thenm drive 3 hours for a meeting on Saturday. At least it was better than the 7 hour drive last Friday after work!
Problem is, I enjoy what I am doing, just not how rushed I always feel.

8:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home