This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Grill Master

I'm in the middle of this crazy-writing-week, trying to get a draft done by Saturday, and JB has been taking care of the cooking. We generally share this duty, or at least take turns, but I am very grateful to JB for taking care of it while I spend literally every moment that is not working or sleeping with my lap top and a pile of notes.

Let me just say, it took him 2 whole days, but he has mastered The Grill. He made us some chicken on Day 1 that was... well, you remember that scene from "Three Amigos" where they're eating fire-crisped bats for their dinner?

On day 2, however, not to be daunted, not to crawl away defeated, JB made MORE chicken on The Grill. This chicken, people, wow. Perfect. Flavorful. Juicy. And no carbon-scoring, either.

Yeah, it brings a tear to my eye. I even took a break from writing to eat it at the table like a civilized person. Thank you, JB! You rock!

6 Comments:

Blogger wamez said...

Uh, "master"? I dunno.

4:55 PM

 
Blogger Cornell Class of 1995 said...

If you keep blogging about flavorful, juicy grilled chicken, I just may follow you home from work tomorrow. Like a lost cat. You could just put a saucer of chicken out on the porch for me.

9:39 PM

 
Blogger wamez said...

Done.

1:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, a whole world of grilling possibilities is opening up before you! The grilling tools and paraphernalia (?-fancy word for stuff)can become very specialized. Just think what he could do with grilling tongs and vegetable baskets; marinades and cookbooks! Enjoy this new phase of your life.
bs

5:50 AM

 
Blogger JQ said...

Very excited about it! He was grilling this morning, no kidding.

10:16 AM

 
Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Just beware of fish grilling. Takes a special knack...or tin foil.

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home