This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Haiku Of The Desperate Office Girl

Once again I find
I'm waiting for computers
To grant me freedom.

Freedom from this job
At least for this Thursday night.
Hey! It's my weekend!

Yeah, baby, I've got
One more personal day, yo!
And it starts right now.

(Did you see that "yo"
from the haiku above this?
I'm so embarassed.)

It's a matter of
getting the right number of
syllables, G dawg.

What the F is this?!
I don't think I even know
what I'm saying. Sigh.

Here's another try
at doing this the "right way."
Apologies, gang.

It's at fifty-eight
percent so that means I can
start to wrap it up.

One more Haiku, then?
I'll try to think of something
profound to say... nope.

I have a fat cat.
She's like a fuzzy pumpkin;
beautiful and orange.

Did I mention round?
Well, she's getting more round-ish.
Kitty-diet time.

(My writing group laughs
at my tubby orange kitty.
She just ignores them.)

Seriously, gang!
It's at eighty-eight percent.
How long must I wait?!

There is a nice beer
waiting for me at BJs
once I blow this joint.

I'm so excited
I get to take tomorrow
to do my own thing.

Hey, I guess that means
technically I could get drunk
tonight at the bar.

It'd be such a waste,
if I got a hang-over
on my day to write.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh! A full day to do your own thing. I dream about that. I was quite jealous when CS told me yesterday morning that there was nothing he HAD to do. Enjoy!

6:01 AM

 
Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Sweet. I admire you.
You are very talented.
Enjoy your writing.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger JQ said...

By "my own thing" I unfortunately mean - catch up on the work I couldn't get done because I have so much going on that I couldn't fit it all in AND go to work work. Eeeee.

Nice Haiku there, M.
It's fun to see what others
do within this form.

3:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home