This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hemming And... Well Just Hemming

I am making my Halloween costume - first time I've tried one like this and it's fun but I am under the gun now... first Halloween party is in 2 nights and I have only made half of my costume at this point. I went home last night and hemmed the first part for 2 HOURS. Granted, it's a lot of skirt, and I was doing that handy sewing-machine trick where the machine sews the hem then kicks over to tack it to the skirt every inch or so - it's the first time I've tried that and it looks awesome but -- 2 HOURS!!!

The 2nd part of the costume has a hem just as long, and it doesn't even exist yet. Hopefully I'll get some major progress done tomorrow and then I can sew all day on Saturday.

I love Halloween.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only hope you will post pictures when you are done. :) -KH

11:37 AM

 
Blogger JQ said...

Okay... pictures will be forthcoming. :) Provided, of course, I get a chance to actually SEW sometime in the next 48 hours.

1:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have faith it will be stunning. :) -KH

2:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Halloween is right up there with my favorite holidays too - especially because it's in the fall, for which I've gained a new appreciation as an adult. Can't wait to see your costume. You were the hit of the party last year!

7:07 PM

 
Blogger DFA said...

Still waiting for pictures!!!!

9:54 AM

 
Blogger JQ said...

Yeah, there will be a blog forth coming about the Crash-And-Burn that was this attempt at costuming...

1:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home