This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Sunday, June 04, 2006

19 To 97

I played in my first basketball game today. Actually, if we're counting, it was my very first ever organized-teams-with-uniforms sporting event.

And we lost 19 to 97. No, I'm not joking, and if you need any confirmation, just ask JB. He was there to watch all the gory details.

HOWEVER. I also made a basket and therefore scored 2 of our 19 points. Me. With the hopped-up-on-adreneline-18-year-old-high-school-basketball-opposing-team all over my ass. YES.

Did I mention that our opponents were an actual high school girls basketball team? As in a "we practice every day for 3 hours and know our teammates strengths and weaknesses intimately" high school basketball team? Or, if you like, a "we can run solid up and down the court for an hour why are you breathing so hard?" basketball team?

It was... I'm just too tired to finish this blog.

19 to 97 people. 19 to 97.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're obsessing over the small stuff and ignoring the important one: you played in a basketball game.

It's fun. You'll get better with time. Getting out and doing stuff is good!

8:24 PM

 
Blogger DFA said...

Wow! Nice. Classic.
Reminds me of when I was in middle school and my volleyball team was so bad that our opponents actually sat down when it was our turn to serve.
Ah... The good old days.
Congrats! As long as you had fun, it was a success.
DA

12:07 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

Wow. That's quite a score.

3:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home