This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Practice Practice Practice

One week ago I turned in my 2 weeks notice at my day job. It was a bittersweet moment. In many ways this has been a great job, my boss is the best boss I've ever had, and I work with a lot of wonderful people.

That being said, when I got this new opportunity, I knew I had to take it. While I can't say much due to non-disclosure agreements, I (think I) can say this is the first time I'm getting paid to write.

I will still be a part of the corporate basketball team - unless the new job is so 24-7 that it precludes any other time commitment of any stripe.

Practice so far has been very eye-opening. And exhausting. I got terribly light-headed at my first practice. Second practice was a little better. And now I have a basketball to practice with. Just need the time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some times you just got to do it. Congrats. At least you did not have to move to Michagan to get a good job. ;)

3:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear about it whenever you CAN talk about it! :D -KH

4:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home