This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

One scene away...

I write in the mornings before coming into work. This morning I wrote from about 6:00 AM to 8:14 AM. We are supposed to leave at 8:20 AM. I was one scene away from the END OF THE DRAFT. I thought I could make it. I did not shower to eliminate the hair-drying time. I decided to grab the first thing I saw in my closet to eliminate the choosing-what-to-wear time. I decided to take breakfast to work to eliminate the eat-something time.

I am still one scene shy of a complete draft. And my hair smells dusty.

By hook or by crook (what does that mean???)* I will finish this draft by September 30th.

* Did some research: "The origin of "by hook or by crook" possibly comes from a custom in mediaeval England that allowed peasants to take any deadwood from the royal forest that they could reach with a shepherd's crook or a reaper's billhook. Another possible explanation comes Cromwell's attempt to take the city of Waterford. He is reported as saying he would take the city 'by hook or by crook'. Hook is the headland on the Wexford side and Crook is the name of the Waterford side."

I'm a nerd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home