This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Steering My Own Ship Of The Damned

So I think about money pretty much all the time. Root of all evil and what not. I got up with every intention of writing this morning and instead sat at my computer and tried to calculate how we're going to make it with my pay cut AND still try to save some money to eventually buy a place. I'm sure we'll have more stories about this in the near future (not the BUYING, but the WISHING we could buy).

This is the rub: with my previous salary I was able to save aside some money from each paycheck towards a "House Savings Account" which made me feel that - despite the fact that this job is a shit job, in no way part of the "industry" I claim to want to belong to, and will lead no where and no step closer to getting into the "industry" - I felt like I was making progress on some front (specifically, the "get a house" front).

Now that ship has been blasted out of the water by a torpedo entitled "(SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS) Corporate Policy."

So here's my new strategy: get the f**! (hi, mom, hi, dad) out of this job and take an entry level job IN THE INDUSTRY. If I'm not going to be able to achieve ANY of my goals here, why not take another crap-pay job that might actually (wait for it... wait for it) LEAD SOMEWHERE?! I will be the captain of my own destiny!

Basically: I AM LOOKING FOR WRITERS' ASSISTANT WORK. Anyone know of any people I can talk to / any advice to offer about looking for a job? I will make you some cookies. (These are seriously good cookies).

I'll try to think of something else to write about later on today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home