This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Because I mostly blog when something is irritating me (with the exception of my beautiful sister's beautiful wedding!) I just wanted to write and say - I am happy! Need to document this moment. I haven't even had coffee this morning.

And this is despite the fact that JB is in night shifts now (sniff) so he came home this morning about 2 hours before I woke up and I left while he was in REM sleep (so I figured - not the time to wake him up) and he'll be gone before I get home from work and I believe this lasts for 2 weeks.

I did finish a writing project last night. That is probably the core of this happy feeling. Hm. Why is it that my moods are SO DICTATED by the writing successes and failures? If I don't write for several days I turn into a depression-laden bleak monster of a person. When I manage to write consistently I still feel this urgency, driving towards the finish line. So really it's only the day of and maybe the day after I finish some stage of writing that I feel totally content and happy (assuming that nothing is wrong in my "life" life).

So I wish for happiness to all and success with your own writing projects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home