This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

My Sister's Beautiful Wedding

She looked like a princess with a tiara and everything. So beautiful. I think everyone had a great time. Sunset over the ocean... it was really lovely. SF (new husband) was very dashing as well! This guy looks like a GQ model normally, and when you put him in a tux - wow! Very good looking couple. There were many tears, but (and I am happy to report) I only cried while speaking once. I gave a reading at the wedding, which came right after their vows, and after watching SF's face as he said "I take you as my wife" and then gave this little overwhelmed gasp/smile/joyful sigh (I've never heard a sound quite like it) I didn't know if I'd be able to say ANYTHING without waterworks, but I pulled it together. My step dad (CS) was the preacher who married them and he even got a little teary - it was a beautiful service. My teary moment came at the reception - during my toast. I made it most of the way through without crying, then lost it right at the very end. Then we partied!

JB was there with video camera in hand (when I didn't pull him onto the dance floor). We tried to get him to break dance, but alas, there was no tequila to be found. I can't think of the event that wouldn't benefit from JB doing the worm. He tried to teach me "popping" but I haven’t got the inherent talents that he's got. Doesn't mean I can't strive for perfection, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home