This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Monday, July 09, 2007

20 Minute Run

I got off my running schedule last week so I'm repeating last week's schedule and moving everything else down a week. I kind of enjoyed the solitude on this run. I'm not sure I enjoyed the route - it was a different one than I normally run but it was kind of creeping me out because there were lots of little bridges and dense wooded areas and it was approaching sunset and I kept having flashbacks from the book "Lucky" that I read recently that I won't go into detail about here. Suffice it to say, I think I'll either run that one in broad-er daylight or with a running pal. I hit the nano button to give me a report on how I was doing with about 4 minutes to go and it said I was running an eleven minute and thirty second per mile pace. Which kind of depressed me so I ran a lot harder for the last four minutes and brought that up to a ten minute and fifty second per mile pace. Which made me think I could maybe try running a bit faster earlier. But I don't want a reapeat of my first 2.5 mile run where I thought I was going to DIE because I started off too fast.

Basically there is still a lot to learn about this whole running thing. Hm. I do kind of love having this method of tracking my progress, though. Yeah for technology, yet again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mormegil said...

Have you calibrated your Nike+. Some time it can make quite a differance.

11 minutes is a good EZ pace, and that is when you first get going you should not worry about speed at all.

6:57 AM

 
Blogger JQ said...

I haven't calibrated it yet. I should do that. Hm.

12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home