This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Who's That Knocking?

When opportunities come, they come not single spies but in battalions. Seriously. Does this happen to you, too? I'll go for years hitting my head against invisible walls, making no (or very little) progress, crying at my desk AT WORK where anyone passing by could see because I'm so frustrated that nothing is happening...

And then suddenly I've got 4 pressing projects that all need to be done NOW. Now instead of being afraid of never amounting to anything or never having the opportunity to prove my stuff, I'm starting to fear that I'm going to blow 4 amazing opportunities all at once because: no time to work on any one of these opportunities for any length of time means the quality of each will suffer means my reputation will suffer means I'll get fewer opportunities in the future because I couldn't perform well on these.

My new goal is to just not worry about it. Do what I can do, trust my own judgment, trust my process, and take one thing at a time. How do you eat an Elephant? One bite at a time.

Just trying to stop and make sure to breathe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember: Perfect is the enemy of good.

Breathe and go forth. I have faith in you.

-KH

6:02 PM

 
Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Baby steps into the elevator...baby steps into the elevator.

9:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home