This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Roller Coaster Extremes

It's been a crazy CRAZY week. I had two amazing meetings at the beginning of the week, and have five comics and a novel to read and come back with possible feature takes on.

Thursday I got the news that my job has come to an end. It was great while it lasted! Now I am going to research signing up for unemployment.

Thursday night I went to a new members discussion at the WGA that was alternately exhilarating and depressing.

Friday went to my first WGA screening (saw "Stranger Than Fiction" with my little sister and heard the writer speak - we both highly recommend this film!)

Saturday I finished my (first manager-worthy draft of my) new outline (thanks to DA, LE, AQ and the incredibly gifted and excruciatingly patient JB for reading and offering thoughts - every one of you made it better).

I've been doing a lot of house-cleaning and book-keeping today, I think I'm recovering from the extremely intense nature of the outlining process, and possibly freaking out about money.

Anyhow, compared to last week at this time - things feel very very different all of a sudden. In both good and bad ways.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a week. Up and down...makes me tired just reading about it. ;)
-KH

7:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home