This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Friday, March 18, 2005

Philotic Connections

I'm so happy for my sister! She has had a uber-empowering week. After a long time of feeling unappreciated at her job, she fought for a promotion, was denied, and then turned around a resigned. As soon as they heard she had resigned, 2 other departments at her office called her with job offers - but she's taking the offer (right?) of a different company. I love these little living-vicariously through one's sibling moments. Contented sigh.

This is the week after she was evacuated from her house in San Diego and forced to flee to LA to stay with JB and myself for the weekend while the city determined whether her condo was going to slide off the mountain or not. With her two cats. The cats that have "history" with Luna.

Congratulations, M! It's so satisfying to watch a smart, talented woman reach that point where she's just not going to take any more shit from a condescending, unappreciative boss, then when she quits, find out how much the REST of the company loves and appreciates her.

I have to say, I am glad to be able to blog about this - I didn't want to be the one to break any news to anyone (including the evacuation of said condo and/or the quitting of the job). I SUPPORT YOU, CHICA!

1 Comments:

Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Yeah, I told Mom last night about the condo. I didn't want to worry her before that.

I'm not sure about the other offers yet. I will get back to you.

2:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home