This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Rain, Rugs, and Writing

I think I heard that we've already exceeded our average annual rainfall for the LA area. It was raining pretty hard last night.

So James and I decided to go buy a rug. We went to the shop, picked one out, and had to carry it to my hatchback in the torrential rain. I had this fleeting moment of panic that it wouldn't fit, but if you snugged one rolled up end against the dash board you could just squeeze the other end into the back. I think that's 8 feet from dash to trunk edge. Which is a good figure to have in the back of your mind for situations like "it's raining, I want to buy a rug, and I need to know if it will fit in my hatchback with the trunk closed because driving home with the back edge of a new rug sticking out in the torrential rain is pointless and will only lead to bad feelings all around."

We drove home, unloaded it in the - rain, and about thirty seconds after getting it into the condo I realized it wasn't going to work and we'd have to take it back. (Sorry, JB.)

In other news, just finished Act I of the first draft of the new script.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home