This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

A Plethora Of Paranoias

Well, I read it. And - though this may be due to my fearing it would be unspeakably horrible - I liked it.

Due to this unexpected reaction I have a list of new paranoias:
1) I can't judge my own writing.
2) I can't tell what a "good story" is.
3) I may like it, but no one else will (though I'm at the point where I don't care!)
4) I liked it the first time through because I thought I would hate it.
5) The next time I read it I'll hate it.
6) I liked it, but when I try to "fix" the things that are (admittedly) broken, it will turn out worse...

I'll stop there. Suffice it to say, this is par for the course - as most of you (my author friends!) know. So, as I have been down this road before, I'm choosing not to pay attention to these little guys.

Meaning I am making a plan to address the issues I see, then I will be asking for feedback. So let me know if you like vampire stories. If not, no problem, I've got a couple other scripts brewing that I'll need opinions on at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home