This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Monday, October 24, 2005

Whirlwind

Vacation is over... and I feel like I could really use a vacation. We:

-took everything out of the kitchen cabinets

-painted kitchen cabinets

-put everything back into the kitchen cabinets

-watched Season 1 of Lost in between coats while waiting for paint to dry (45 min episodes are perfect for this.)

-got sick. Much chicken soup. Got better.

-hike in the beautiful California wilderness somewhere north of here.

-trip to garment district for fabric. Much haggling.

-sewing on ye olde medieval Halloween costume.

-Santa Barbara for wine tasting and an awesome lunch! Bought some wine. Yes, we got a Pinot Noir.

-trip to San Diego to hang with AQF and SPF

-carved some pumpkins with my sister

-got gussied up and spent 1 hour doing my hair into a mass of curls on top of my head. Surprisingly, I didn't then undo the whole thing in a last-minute panic. Much hairspray.

-attended a gallery opening and bought a painting

-went out for an uber-fancy dinner

-made a belt for the costume while JB drove us back to LA

Anyhow, back at work. Still have a lot of stuff to do with regards to screenwriting, organizing, and planning the next steps. Eeep. I have three leads from Shriekfest for production companies looking for horror/thriller scripts. I should probably do something about that. Hmm.

7 Comments:

Blogger Manateechik said...

Sounds like you had a great time! That's really nice.

9:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exciting memories, exciting things for the future, and wine to go with both--a nearly perfect world!

6:04 AM

 
Blogger DFA said...

COOL!!
Vacation and industry interest in your screenplay? What more could you ask for?
Welcome back to the grind... we saved your place.

6:52 AM

 
Blogger Moose Tucker said...

I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous.

OKAY!! I'm a little jealous. Exciting times!! I want to come visit now to see where the painting is hung. :)

11:12 AM

 
Blogger JQ said...

It's hung over the fireplace. It will soon have it's very own light that shines on it only. It might even have a square of darker paint on which to rest. But we're not sure about that yet. I LOVE IT. :)

1:49 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

3 leads! That's awesome! Inktip?

4:39 PM

 
Blogger JQ said...

Not InkTip... not yet. I'm still trying to get set up with them. These leads are directly from the contest director of Shriekfest who was contacted directly by production comapnies looking for scripts. :)

5:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home