This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday And Giddy Sugar Rush

I feel like I have all sorts of little things going on. I try not to talk so much about my writing on this blog but most of what's going on now revolves around my writing. I recently won best feature screenplay at Shriekfest. That means now I need to step up and do that other part about being a screenwriter. The whole "sell yourself" part. So I've been stumbling through logline and synopsis rewrites and then threw together a clunky query letter which needs rewriting. All of this needs to be polished and it needs to be great, but I feel like I'm dragging my feet on getting it done because I don't want to think about the NEXT step, which involves researching production companies (and possibly agents and managers) who have dabbled in this genre, contacting them, and asking them if they would be interested in reading this script.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to a week of no day job. JB and I are taking some time off. Among the things we MAY attempt to do this week (singly or together):

-start the kitchen cabinet project

-go up the coast to get out of LA

-finish Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance II (for those of you with more of a life, this is a video game)

-talk through the outline for another screenplay idea

-hey, why the hell not: finish logline, synopsis, query, resume and bio

-run

-songwriting

-painting (various artsy projects - not cabinets)

-sew (Halloween is uncomfortably close and my pattern has not yet arrived. Grr.)

-lunch with friends we haven't seen in too long

-sleep in

-read

-research the polyurethane dress form method, possibly buy how-to kit and plaster bandages and foam

-play fetch with the cat (no really, she loves this)

-grill

-drink margaritas

Or I could scrap all of the above and just buy a floaty thing and spend all week in the pool before the whether gets too cold.

5 Comments:

Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Don't forget a trip to San Diego!!

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Tamara said...

mmmm....argaritas.

5:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, a week to yourselves! What could be more delightful. I hope you do as many or as few of your listed items as you choose, and throughout it all, relish the fact that your time is your own.

8:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

write songs??? You MUST share!

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Okay, now I really am jealous. What are you doing on this rainy Tuesday morning that I am at this computer working?

8:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home