This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Thursday, October 14, 2004

EEEEEEEE

I've decided what my Halloween costume will be. I am going to be (sorry if anyone wanted this to be a surprise) Anne Boleyn. Yup. For those of you who don't know, she was Henry VIII's second wife - the first that he put to death - and the mother of Elizabeth II. I believe she was actually the first English queen to ever have been executed (?). Anne, not Elizabeth, who was not put to death but was revered as one of the greatest English monarchs of all time. Plus, she got to see Shakespeare's originals.

It's been too long since I've built any cool costumes (for myself - not for films!) Too long in this case would be since last Halloween. I am so excited about it. I've got some under things I can use (yippee) so I don't have to build the whole thing. I will, however, get to make:

* A French Hood (this is Anne Boleyn's contribution to English fashion - it is believed she introduced this French Court style of head dress to the English court).
* A new bodice (I've got one that is technically off by a decade or so)
* A new set of sleeves (very excited to try something new here)

Yes, costuming. It'll cure what ails ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home