This would be that "career" thing I've heard so much about...

Friday, June 25, 2004

Scarves And Nooses

Okay - here's one of the things I love about LA: despite the masses that are out here for the sole reason of becoming famous in one capacity or another, you'll find among them some really fun and creative people. I just finished knitting my very first scarf. Well, my very first piece of knitted anything. And while I got the knitting needles and the "I can't believe I'm knitting!" book from my husband's grandmother (thank you!) I actually learned to knit from a 23-year-old Foley artist guy while waiting for some OMF files to transfer. He even had little tricks and nicknames for how to tell if something was a knit or a pearl: scarves and nooses. So I'm wearing my scarf and smiling. Sometimes LA is a fun place to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home